After waiting the recommended time for the concrete base to set, we started to build the new hedgehog shed on Thursday. In 3 days we managed to build the shed and fit the shingles on the roof, which is pretty good going.
I still have to trim and hang the doors, then install the floor. I will be painting the inside of the shed white as the shed has no windows, this is so that we could use the maximum wall space possible.
Once that is done I will fit the electrics for heat light and power, and then sort out a racking system to put the hedgehogs cages on.
Once the weather is suitable, we’ll be painting the outside of the shed to protect it from the elements.
I have a couple of weeks work to do before we can move hedgehogs in, but the wait will be worth it.